Tuesday 25 October 2011

And so it begins . . .

After watching Blizzcon 2011 I've decided to get back into StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty and finally start playing the multiplayer aspect of the game.

First, StarCraft 2 (for those who don't know) is THE Sci-fi RTS game, featuring the most balanced multiplayer gameplay of any game of the last 10 years, in addition to having a kick-ass single player campaign AND an epic set of mod tools for players to make their own maps/modes and even games using the SC2 engine.

In the multiplayer game you play as one of three races, Terran (think dumb-ass space marines from Earth), Protoss (high-tech alien types like the Asgard from Stargate) and the Zerg (Starship Troopers style insectoid creatures who terrorise the galaxy consuming/assimilating everything they come across). They all have their own advantages and disadvantages which suit different playstyles. I personally love playing as Protoss as these bad boys can warp in units, rather than wait for them to be made, meaning you can quickly mass up a strong force. Also, they have access to the best unit in the game, the Colossus!!! Think war of the worlds style epic giant robots that shoot fricking laser beams!!!

Colossi being boss! Pew pew pew!


So, in order to get back into StarCraft 2 I've decided to play at least 5 games a week, following advice from Day9 (a pro-player who has become a gaming icon). This little video I'll embed below will explain things a bit more fully.

I wanted a blog to act like a journal of my games and play sessions, in the hope that a log of my gaming will inspire me to keep on with it and actually play SC2 regularly. I think it'll help stop me going insane with the ever-increasing pressures of my PhD degree, and allow me to quickly blow of steam and have something to look forward to when I get home.

If you want to add me to your SC2 friends list my user name is KKOB on the EU servers. Email me if you want me to add you :)




Give Day9 a chance. He may be American but he's a really awesome guy who gives sound advice! Also, he's really smart too!


No comments:

Post a Comment